Handyperson services can help with a wide variety of small jobs around the home; little things that make a big difference and which you might otherwise struggle to get done.
Services typically cover:
- Small building repairs;
- Minor adaptations (such as installation of grab rails or temporary ramps);
- "Odd" jobs (for example, putting up curtain rails and shelves, moving furniture);
- General home safety checks with remedial action (for example safety checking or repairing/replacing appliances);
- Falls/accident prevention checks with remedial action (for example, securing loose carpets or putting up grab rails);
- Security checks with remedial action (for example, checking and replacing window and door locks);
- Energy efficiency (for example installing low energy light bulbs, draft proofing);
Usually, handypersons visiting you in your home can identify other issues which may be having a detrimental impact on your quality of life, safety or health. If needed, they will signpost you to other services that can offer you the necessary support.